Sharing Your Story on the REV Web App
- Click “Share what’s on your mind …” in the center of your Activity Feed.
2. In the pop up window, enter your story or click the attachment icon to upload a draft of your story.
3. Click Post.
Sharing Your Story on the REV Mobile App
|1. Click the edit icon to the right of the News Feed title.
|2. Create your story in the “Write here or use @ to mention someone” text box. 3. Attach media using the icons at the bottom of the text box. 4. Click Post.
Telling good stories.
Sounds simple enough, right? It sure is — until you start doing it yourself and realize it’s harder than you thought. Sometimes you just can’t even get started. After all, good storytelling is a complex task combining both creative writing and journalism.
But what exactly does that mean? Good question, and we’ve got some good answers.
- Most, if not all, good stories involve some kind of conflict/tension, some obstacle or challenge to overcome.
- Good stories have a hero, and we should be able to cheer for the hero — especially if the hero is you.
- Good stories are captivating. You want it to still be on our minds the next day, and the next. And there’s nothing more fascinating than a personal story about how someone overcame adversity and emerged victorious.
- Above all else, the story must be real, personal, authentic, and true.
As you start to write your own stories, keep in mind the following four steps to writing an inspirational story.
- What’s the goal of your story? Perhaps you want to share information, express values or offer empathy on a topic. Make sure you’ve a clear goal in mind before you start writing.
- Who do you want to read your story? How can you offer advice or insight to meet their needs?
- Be authentic, honest and heartfelt. Draw from your own experiences. You don’t have to reveal everything. Simply share what had the most impact on your life and why, keeping in mind what is most relevant to your audience.
- Empower people to share their stories in return, to create a conversation. Ask questions, offer advice, request feedback to engage your readers, and make them feel included. After all, we guarantee someone is reading your story, encouraged to realize they are not alone in theirs.
The truth is, it all boils down to authenticity. If your story is true, and if you’re honest in telling it, the rest will fall into place. We’re positive about that.